Hanuman Chalisa is a very powerful devotional work that has been left to posterity by Goswami Tulsidas whose devotional work – Tulsi Ramayan has revolutionized Bhakti movement by enabling common man to recite the glorious legend of Shri Rama in his native tongue.Hanuman Chalisa has been found to be highly effective in controlling the evil effects of Saturn transit or Saturn’s major/ minor periods. Those who are under such influences will get benefitted by chanting the Chalisa for 8 times on Saturdays.
Hanuman Chalisa praises Lord Hanuman the Foremost Devotee of Lord Shri Rama. Shri Hanuman is the epitome of Selfless Service, Courage, Humble disposition, and Bhakti all rolled into one. Venerating that noble Devotee of Raamaa is sure to benefit us. I have found that specific verses in the Hanuman Chalisa are capable of bestowing specific results as a result of my meditations on this for long years (based on my individual research; and I have found it to be working miraculously by God’s Grace).
– Reciting the Opening Doha of Hanuman Chalisa many times will remove the doshas arising out of having insulted knowingly/ unknowingly one’s preceptor/ a Raama Bhakta.
– Reciting the Second Doha will remove hardships in life and grant wisdom and strength.
– Reciting the Opening Chaupayi of the chaalisa “Jaya Hanumaan gyaan guna saagar…..” will bless one with Divine knowledge.
– Reciting the Third Chaupayi “Mahaaveer vikrama Bhajrangi…..” will help in reforming persons who are into bad company or have fallen into undesirable habits. It will also give abundant strength.
– Reciting the 7th and 8th Chaupayi’s “Vidyavan guni athi chaathur…..” will help one to cultivate Rama Bhakti and become dear to Lord Raama.
– Reciting the 11th Chaupayi “Laya sanjivan…..” will help in removing effects of poisonous bites and in removal of fear from snakes.
– Reciting the 12th Chaupayi will help in removing misunderstanding between brothers and promote unity between siblings.
– Reciting the 13th, 14th, and 15th Chaupayis will help in attaining fame.
– Reciting the 16th and 17th Chaupayiis will help in recovering lost status or in attaining desired promotions/ posts.
– Reciting the 20th Chaupayi will help in accomplishing even difficult tasks overcoming all obstacles.
– Reciting the 22nd Chaupayi will give Divine Protection during adverse planetary periods.
– Reciting the 24th Chaupayi will help in driving away Negative Energies including Boota, Pisachas, saakinii, daakini, and black magical deities.
– Reciting the 25th Chaupayi will help in maintaining good health. It will also give the ability to bear physical pain when one is injured.
– Reciting the 26th Chaupayi gives relief from difficulties.
– Reciting 27th and 28th Chaupayi’s grants bestowal of desires by Divine Grace.
– Reciting the 29th Chaupayi grants fame.
– Reciting the 30th Chaupayi helps in victory over evil forces.
– Reciting the 31st Chaupayi gives occult powers and great Wealth.
– Reciting the 32nd, 33rd, 34th and 35th Chaupayi’s helps one to enjoy an ethical and fulfilling life without any worries/ frustrations at the end of such a contented life one will attain the Divine Abode of Shri Raamaa.
– Reciting the 36th Chaupayi gives relief from all difficulties and pains.
– Reciting the 37th Chaupayi secures the Grace of Hanuman.
Those who have major tasks to accomplish should recite the appropriate Chaupayi with devotion 1008 times on an auspicious Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday or on a Moola Nakshatra day. They can also tail pooja along with this (offering sandal wood paste and kumkum/sindoor to the tail of Hanumanji’s image for 48 days). Others can just recite it 12 times, 24 times, 32 times, 36 times, 54 times, 108 times, 1008 times, or even 10008 times based on time availability and convenience.
Absolute Faith and the correct attitudes combined with this recital can definitely help one to achieve all that one sets out for in life. May the Grace of Lord Hanumaan Bless us all.
Shree Guru Charan Saroj Raj, Nij Man Mukar Sudhari, Barnau Raghuvar Bimal Jasu, Jo dayaku Phal Chari
With the dust of Guru’s Lotus feet, I clean the mirror of my mind and then narrate the sacred glory of Sri Ram Chandra, The Supereme among the Raghu dynasty. The giver of the four attainments of life.
Budhi heen Tanu Janike, Sumirow, Pavan Kumar,
Bal Buddhi Vidya Dehu Mohi, Harahu Kalesh Bikaar
Knowing myself to be ignorent, I urge you, O Hanuman, The son of Pavan! O Lord! kindly Bestow on me strength, wisdom and knowledge, removing all my miseries and blemishes.
Jai Hanuman Gyan Guna Sagar
Jai Kipis Tihun Lok Ujgaar
Victory of Thee, O Hanuman, Ocean of wisdom and virtue, victory to the Lord of monkeys who is well known in all the three worlds
Ramdoot Atulit Bal Dhamaa,
Anjani Putra Pavansut naamaa.
You, the Divine messager of Ram and repository of immeasurable strength, are also known as Anjaniputra and known as the son of the wind – Pavanputra.
Mahebeer Bikram Bajrangi,
Kumati Nivaar Sumati Ke Sangi.
Oh Hanumanji! You are valiant and brave, with a body like lightening. You are the dispeller of darkness of evil thoughts and companion of good sense and wisdom.
Kanchan Baran Biraaj Subesaa,
Kanan kundal kunchit kesa.
Shri Hanumanji’s physique is golden coloured. His dress is pretty, wearing ‘Kundals’ ear-rings and his hairs are long and curly.
Hath Bajra Aur Dhvaja Birjai,
Kandhe Moonj Janeu saage.
Shri Hanumanji is holding in one hand a lighting bolt and in the other a banner with sacred thread across his shoulder.
Get Sidh Shri Panchmukhi Hanuman Kavach HereSidh Shri Panchmukhi Hanuman Kavach
Shankar Suvna Kesari Nandan,
Tej Pratap Maha Jag Vandan.
Oh Hanumanji! You are the emanation of ‘SHIVA’ and you delight Shri Keshri. Being ever effulgent, you and hold vast sway over the universe. The entire world proptiates. You are adorable of all.
Vidyavaan Guni Ati Chatur,
Ram Kaj Karibe Ko Atur
Oh! Shri Hanumanji! You are the repository learning, virtuous, very wise and highly keen to do the work of Shri Ram.
Prabhu Charittra Sunibe Ko Rasiya,
Ram Lakhan Sita man basyia.
You are intensely greedy for listening to the naration of Lord Ram’s lifestory and revel on its enjoyment. You ever dwell in the hearts of Shri Ram-Sita and Shri Lakshman.
Sukshma roop Dhari Siyahi Dikhwana,
Bikat roop Dhari Lank Jarawa
You appeared beofre Sita in a diminutive form and spoke to her, while you assumed an awesome form and struck terror by setting Lanka on fire.
Bhim roop Dhari Asur Sanhare,
Ramchandra Ke kaaj Savare.
He, with his terrible form, killed demons in Lanka and performed all acts of Shri Ram.
Laye Sajivan Lakhan Jiyaye,
Shri Raghubir harashi ur laye.
When Hanumanji made Lakshman alive after bringing ‘Sanjivni herb’ Shri Ram took him in his deep embrace, his heart full of joy.
Raghupati Kinhi Bahut Badaai,
Tum Mama Priya Bharat Sam Bahi.
Shri Ram lustily extolled Hanumanji’s excellence and remarked, “you are as dear to me as my own brother Bharat”
Sahastra Badan Tumharo Jas Gaave,
Asa kahi Shripati Kanth Laagave.
Shri Ram embraced Hanumanji saying:”Let the thousand – tongued sheshnaag sing your glories”
Sankadik Brahmadi Muneesa,
Narad Sarad Sahit Aheesa
Sanak and the sages, saints. Lord Brahma, the great hermits Narad and Goddess Saraswati along with Sheshnag the cosmic serpent, fail to sing the glories of Hanumanji exactly
Jam Kuber Digpal Jahan Te,
Kabi Kabid Kahin Sake Kahan Te
What to talk of denizens of the earth like poets and scholars ones etc even Gods like Yamraj, Kuber, and Digpal fail to narrate Hanman’s greatness in toto.
Tum Upkar Sugrivahi Keenha,
Ram Miali Rajpad Deenha
Hanumanji! You rendered a great service for Sugriva, It were you who united him with SHRI RAM and installed him on the Royal Throne.
Tumharo Mantro Bibhishan Maana,
Lankeshwar Bhaye Sab Jag Jaana.
By heeding your advice. Vibhushan became Lord of Lanka, which is known all over the universe.
Get Sidh Shri Panchmukhi Hanuman Kavach HereSidh Shri Panchmukhi Hanuman Kavach
Juug Sahastra Jojan Par Bhaanu,
Leelyo Taahi Madhur Phal Jaanu
Hanumanji gulped, the SUN at distance of sixteen thousand miles considering it to be a sweet fruit.
Prabhu Mudrika Meli Mukha Maaheen,
Jaladhi Langhi Gaye Acharaj Naheen.
Carrying the Lord’s ring in his mouth, he went across the ocean. There is no wonder in that.
Durgam Kaaj Jagat Ke Jeete,
Sugam Anugrah Tumhre Te Te.
Oh Hanumanji! all the difficult tasks in the world are rendered easiest by your grace.
Ram Duware Tum Rakhavare,
Hot Na Aagya Bin Paisare.
Oh Hanumanji! You are the sentinel at the door of Ram’s mercy mansion or His divine abode. No one may enter without your permission.
Sab Sukh Lahen Tumhari Sarna,
Tum Rakshak Kaahu Ko Darnaa.
By your grace one can enjoy all happiness and one need not have any fear under your protection.
Aapan Tej Samharo Aapei,
Tanau Lok Hank Te Kanpei
When you roar all the three worlds tremble and only you can control your might.
Bhoot Pisaach Nikat Nahi Avei,
Mahabir Jab Naam Sunavei.
Great Brave on. Hanumanji’s name keeps all the Ghosts, Demons& evils spirits away from his devotees.
Nasei Rog Hare Sab Peera,
Japat Niranter Hanumant Beera
On reciting Hanumanji’s holy name regularly all the maladies perish the entire pain disappears.
Article by: Pandit R. DAKSHINAMOORTHI